Presidential Bank Mortgage, a division of Presidential Bank, FSB; an innovative, growing and well-respected mortgage banker is seeking experienced Mortgage Loan Officers in our various markets in Maryland, Virginia, DC, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.
A Senior Mortgage Loan Officer (SMLO) is primarily responsible for originating residential mortgage loans according to established policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance while meeting sales goals. Employee must maintain an active registration status with the NMLS (Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry). Interviews customers applying for residential mortgage loans. Analyzes and screens preliminary loan requests on varied types of mortgage loans. Orders appraisals, credit reports and reference checks. Packages loans as required. Outlines loan terms and conditions, and informs prospective borrower of loan commitment. Conducts closing with buyers, sellers, real estate agents, attorneys and others. May counsel delinquent customers. All or most of compensation is based on volume.
Mortgage Branch Manager, VP/ AVP and/ or Mortgage Sales Manager
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for originating residential mortgage loans according to established policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance while meeting sales goals.
- Regularly engaged away from the employer’s place of business. Making a sales call or participating in various marketing activities outside the office.
- Develop and implement a satisfactory business and marketing plan that will be approved by management.
- The incumbent shall be responsible for Bank Secrecy Act and Regulatory compliance matters as they relate to the job function.
- Develops and maintains relationships with prospects, realtors, closing agents and other referral sources.
- Ensures applications are completed accurately and requests supporting documentation as needed.
- Originates residential mortgage loans according to established policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Maintains the pipeline for accuracy.
- Sends application and other required information to the underwriting area and to the processing area to clear any conditions and prepare for closing.
- Represent our organization in the market in a positive manner, and network to create additional loan opportunities.
- Demonstrate effective personal computing skills when using company-provided automation solutions.
- Complete an initial loan application with all consumers.
- Follow the documented origination procedures in detail.
- Other projects or duties as assigned. Including, but not limited to, scheduling appointments and maintaining calendar dates.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5-10 years of residential mortgage lending experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of mortgage processing, underwriting, and closing procedures
- Understanding of Residential Lending regulatory requirements to maintain compliance
- Must have a proven track record of success in mortgage lending industry or a related field
- Able to clearly articulate a marketing and business plan that will lead to successful origination
- Able to communicate effectively in a phone or internet-based environment
- Able to communicate effectively and often with real estate agents and homebuilders
- Possess a working knowledge of all lending programs available
- Thoroughly understand all facets of a real estate transactionAbility to generate annual production volumes of at least 8-12 million a year
- Public speaking skills with the ability to make presentations.
- Ability to educate borrowers on loan products and process
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Presidential Bank, FSB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
- While performing the duties of this job, the ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time is regularly required. Ability to talk, listen and see. The associate must occasionally reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, may also include lifting overhead
- Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation
- Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media
- Moderate sound as in business office with office machines, computers, and people traffic
**EOE and E-verify employer. Pre-Employment Background/Credit Checks required**